Sunday, March 1, 2009

Winter break

What self-respecting athlete takes a winter break from exercise? Unfortunately me, and now I'm paying for it. In an effort to get back into shape, (oh yes, I ate that bad during the holidays) I went to the gym with my super-charged can-do-anything friend Kandy. WOW! What a workout! We spent over an hour together running, using the eliptical, the stairclimber, free-weights, doing killer crunches and squats. She took it upon herself to be my personal Jillian from the Biggest Loser. Really. People in the gym were turning around and staring with sympathetic eyes everytime she'd shout "COME ON TRISCIA! JUST 5 MORE MINUTES! DON'T WIMP OUT NOW! YOU CAN DO THIS! GO (insert faster, harder, higher restistence, etc)!" I think I'll be in shape sooner than I think!

Glen has started his workouts as well, doing swimming or biking daily during his lunch breaks and a weekly spin class. The guy is so motivated. He just slips back into it so easily. He's amazing!

Now, Glen and Kandy can't work out with me all the time, so: Does anyone have any tips for how they've kept a personal goal that could help me stay motivated to exercise? I'll make it worth you're while... for the best advice I'll give/send a thank you gift. Seriously!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Well, I don't know if I have THE best tip, but I would say find something that lights you up now and DO it. Like right now, I'm getting cruise ready, because we are going on a cruise in April. After that? Aubrey and I are training for the Little Red Riding Hood bike race up in June. She wants to do the 35 mile and we're gonna go for it. I'll keep doing my strength training which has been working well for me now, but sub the biking for my cardio.

So, what lights you up? I know you enjoy yoga. Running long distance isn't gonna work, but what else sounds fun and exciting? If you want to do biking, you could totally do the Little Red Riding Hood race, it's distances anywhere from 15 up to 100 miles ... here's the website:

http://www.bccutah.org/lrrh2009

Oh and I keep a blog for my fitness stuff which keeps me motivated too, you can check it out here:

http://carriezworld.blogspot.com

Maybe not a blog, but an accountability buddy?