Tuesday, June 8, 2010

He's a goner!


I feel very welcomed by my new community. They like to hang around my doors to say hello when I take the trash out at night, and try to keep me company when I'm finding that inevitable missing box in the garage. One even gave up his life in my laundry room when he tried to pass the pesticide barrier. (Poor Fred) I'm talking about the native insect community. Cockroaches.


Prior to moving, I've only seen them at the zoo. Behind glass. Contained. Now they're crawling around my yard and garage. They're not welcome. So tonight Glen introduced me to two new ones he met in the garage and while he stood there looking at them, (Really, Glen?) I sent the whole roach community a message to get out. I picked up the nearest thing (Glen's gas can for the mower) and crushed one of them. The other roach ran like hell. I didn't even get to ask him if he felt lucky. That's right. Run before I find another object to kill you with.


On a happy note, I'd like to thank my friend Kandy for her incredible pesticide spraying skills. Not one cockroach has broken the barrier she sprayed and made it in my house! Maybe I'll thank Glen after he sprays the barrier next month. Or kills a bug instead of looking at it...

6 comments:

Ashly said...

wow. I didn't think I'd see the day when Triscia a) allowed copious amounts of chemicals to be sprayed in her home and b) squashed a living creature with a can. Those little buggers have brought out a whole new side of you!

Tammie said...

Wow, all I can say is that I am glad it is you that is killing them. I don't know if I could handle that. Hope everything else is going well!!

ReNae said...

Sorry about the yucky bugs, that would freak me out!!! Hope all is going well, we really miss you guys. Stay cool!!! Love ya, MOM xoxoxoxox

Aubrey A said...

Trish I love your stlye of writing....you seriously should write a book! Love ya and hope you can find a truce with your new "friends"

Sharon said...

hahaha! Cockroaches become pretty much your neighbors when you move to any hot climate (this is a Florida girl speaking... :D ) It sounds like however, you're doing quite well with them. :)

Smallmans said...

Another one bites the dust! I was checking our sprinklers the other night and an orange roach decided to join me. Next to my shoe. I spent the next 2 minutes (seemed like 10) jumping up and down, back and forth trying to squish him. He eventually lost, but I fear a neighbor may have seen me doing the "skippy dance." How humiliating!