Sunday, January 30, 2011

I HAVE to go to the Happiest Place on Earth?

Recently, we told the kids a surprise: Tomorrow we're going to Disneyland for Ethan's birthday!

And... nothing.

No jumps, no shouts, no hugs, no thank you, oh, thank you's.

I wonder if I should have used jazz hands and confetti to announce the big news?

Ethan said, "Oh. (pause) I really wanted to open a present on my birthday."
Matthew was quiet.
Then Emma shouted, "I get to see Jack Sparrow!"

On the drive, Ethan was concerned because he didn't want to miss school and work.

(At this point, I'm wasn't sure who these children were...)

Once in California, it was all fun and photos at the Happiest Place on Earth. Enclosed are a few.

1 comment:

ReNae said...

Ethan's smile is adorable! I absolutely love the the family picture with Mickey, priceless smiles!!! Sounds like you had a great time. Love ya, MOM xoxoxox