Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wish you were here! Well, no, actually, we don't!





Glen and I had to most amazing trip to the Bahamas where he received a Top Branch Manager Award from his employer. We stayed at the infamous Atlantis resort on Paradise Island, Nassau.




Since Mrs. Doubtfire never turned up, (anyone know how to contact Mary Poppins?) we arranged for our each of our kids to stay with different families in our new ward. I'm so fortunate to have a supportive community in our new area!

I promised not to spend my vacation worrying about the kids. (The stressed questions in my head... will they be comfortable at their first sleepovers, various playdates, did they get to school ok, what if they don't like the food, what if they get ill, will Matthew survive the kids in the dreaded after-school program? etc) They were fine, and surprisingly so was I. Which gave Glen and I time to:

*Deep Sea Fish for Mahi Mahi


*Dress up fancy for beautiful evening receptions, dinners and galas


*Stay up late eating all sorts of delights


*Learn to be laid-back like a local Bahamian

*Swim with Dolphins (More pictures to follow, when we get them developed from our waterproof camera)

*Have our cake and eat it too (3 desserts a piece each night!)


*Evening walks at the beach and resort

*Sleep in (no room service today, please.)

*And other unmentionables, but if you know Glen, I don't need to mention them. ;)


I'm shamlessly bragging since it was the trip Glen deserved after a tough year of many changes in which he proved his work ethic and dedication. I'm so proud of him. I'm already planning for next year's trip...

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I'm SO glad to hear that Glen got to go on the trip that both he AND you deserved!! :) Congrats to Glen again for the award and honor! (No surprise there though!)

I think I know a Mary Poppins, I'll find her info and give it to you sometime. Glad to hear that all the babysitters were great about having your kids, although they're wonderful! Hard to find good help for kids these days right?

(Thanks for the comment on my blog btw!)

Love you guys! We sure do miss you!