Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Rum Raisin




Glen spontaneously decided to paint our family room. Rum Raisin. A far cry from the monotonous mushroom brown that has dominated every wall in our house for 5 years! I guess I should have seen it coming since we've already changed 3 rooms in the house in the past year... what is one more? And why not a different color? We're becoming a gallery: brown, green, blue, red. We talked about changing the room over the weekend, but he offically made the decision Monday. He picked up the paint and started priming that night, then painted the first coat of color tonight, with the second coat planned tomorrow. We're hoping to have the furniture and shelves back in place on Thanksgiving. (And I'm planning to add some warm fall colors and beiges to make it cozy!) As I was painting tonight I fell in love with its intensity, richness and warmth. What do you think?

Oh! And I found a spiffy help to find a good color scheme for your home, check this out!http://porter.voiceofcolor.com/en/colorsensegame/index.asp
Let me know what you are!

6 comments:

cindy said...

Cool! Well, actually, Warm... but you know what I mean. Hey, I love the blog! I need one of those world clocks on mine--that's neat!

Smallmans said...

For the clocks, go to your layout page, click on "Add a Gadget" and type in the search field "World Clocks" and there will be lots of options. I liked the analog pair.

ReNae said...

I like it!!!!!! Can't wait to see your new TV, it will be a fun room.. Love you....

Tammie said...

Looks like you guys have been working hard. I'm excited to see the room once you have it all finished. In the mean time, Happy Painting!!

Elgie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRISH!!!!

Love,
Aunt Loretta
(with Abby, Freddy, Gabby, Suki, and Dallas supporting the festivities in your honor!)

Carrie said...

Love it!!! I bet that took a lot of coats to paint, we did two walls in Braden's room and that was a beast!