Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Matthew's and Ethan's statement of the week!

While driving to Grandma's today, we were at a red stoplight with a billboard next to it. Matthew piped up from the back seat: "Hey! It's the money guy!" (We all looked up) Ethan: "Yea, on TV. He stares at someone and then a guy asks 'What's that?' and the other guy says 'That's the money you could be saving with Geico'."

Who am I more disgusted at? Myself for letting my kids watch TV (less than the national average might I add?) or the amazing branding capabilities of companies?

4 comments:

Sharon said...

hahahaha! I love it! It's great!

cindy said...

I'm with you! I hate it when I ask my kids where they learned something and they say, "I saw it on T.V." Yet sometimes they don't remember what I say? Hmmmm....

Emalia said...

I can totally picture Ethan saying that! :-) That is too funny. Hey, I've missed you! I hope that life is treating you well. :-) To answer a few questions you sent my way a while back...yes Kenzie LOVES the blanket you made her--it's her "blankie" she loves to go to bed with. Potty training hasn't officially started--let's just say I'm chicken. I got a few books from the library that's I'm reading so I feel more prepared. Please let me know if you need the potty back for Emma. Hope to see you sunday! :-)

Ashly said...

That is funny! I've always thought the money thing from Geico was pretty annoying - but apparently it's catchy! Worked for Matthew and Ethan!