Friday, July 3, 2009

RAGNAR #2


Van 1 departing for Logan: me, my Mom, JoAnn and Mike, Andrea, Shawnie, and Janice, our volunteer for the race. LOVE THEM ALL!
(I don't have pics of the other half of our team/Van 2 yet)

1 race of 187.9 miles from Logan to Park City + 2 vans of 6 runners = the most extreme 2 days of my life!
Team Generation Gap finished in 34 hours!
I never considered myself an extreme athlete. I definitely qualify now. I ran 3 times in 34 hours: leg 1 was 6.9 miles downhill around noon, leg 2 was 8.1 miles uphill around 10 pm and my last was 3.1 miles flat around 11 am. I lived in a van, ate out of a cooler for 2 days, skipped a few showers, ran on a dark road during the night with only a headlamp and a couple glowsticks lighting my way, slept in a field on a tarp, and stood in the wind and rain waiting for my team to finish. Summed up it was the craziest thing I've done in my life and I would do it again!




I had great bonding time with my Mom. Lucky me! (She and I had to have a picture of the "Honey Buckets")

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Triscia ... I am so incredibly proud of you! You are such an inspiration to me. You ROCK girl!

Tammie said...

CONGRATS TRISH! What a great accomplishment. I wish I could have been there to support you and mom. Who knows MAYBE next year I will do it with you two :)

Shawnie said...

Hi Triscia,

Let's get Tammie on our team for next year! It was an honor to be on your team........as well as fun, filled with laughter and great memories.

Thanks,
Shawnie

ReNae said...

Triscia, what a great post!!!! I love how you summed up the whole adventure and the pictures that you posted, they are the best.... I am so glad that we had those 2 days together, great bonding time, it was the best time ever, especially with you...I'll never forget it.... love you, MOM xoxoxo

Brittany said...

Holy Cow Triscia....I didn't know you ran that! Good Job!! You are amazing!! It sounds like an adventure!! Thanks again for lunch and for the fun! We will have to get together more often!

Emalia said...

Wahooo!!! Good for you Trisha!! I remember Paige Horne talking about doing something crazy like this but I'm impressed you actually went for it!! Living out of a van must have been interesting.... :-) You go extreme athlete!! Keep running--one of us should anyway!

Anne said...

Aren't those Honey Buckets delightful? Seriously, we loved those things last year, they were so nice and clean. Hopefully they were the same for you this year. You are awesome, wasn't it the greatest experience ever? Would you do it again? I hope I get to do another one some day!